- Develop information technology policies, procedures, and practices that efficiently and effectively manage IT assets and meet the technology needs of the KP.
- Technology changes at a rapid pace and needs are constantly shifting. While balancing the costs associated with reliability, efficiency and availability of technology, it is the goal of IT Directorate to also provide the most useful solutions available.
- Help KP to maximize the value of Information Technology.
- Provide an information technology environment that fosters excellence in Teaching and learning.
- Deploy and support the most efficient, cost effective and reliable technologies to meet the KP Departments computing needs.
- Maintain a reliable and scalable information technology infrastructure, enabling innovative uses of technology.
- Deliver leading-edge Information Technology products, services, support, training and education.
- Provide technology-focused services that increase productivity and enhance computing experiences.
- Provide a reliable, efficient, friendly and easily-accessible organization for information technology and guidance.
- Re-evaluate existing and identify new critical technology policies.
- Improve support operations/processes, based on community feedback .Track and evaluate support operations using measurable benchmarks and quality assurance techniques.
- Focus on enhancing productivity through new projects with new Ideas. Meet service level expectations and lower overall cost of technology.
- Develop a collaborative and responsive environment to engage the community.
- Provide continuous improvement to the KP communications and data infrastructures.
- Maintain reliable, up-to-date technological infrastructures and position support organizations to meet changing service demands. Function as a strategic arm of the Medical Center by leveraging new technologies to support strategic goals and business plans.
- We provide value by putting the right technologies and level of support services in the Medical Center community's hands. Ensuring those technologies are highly available is a cornerstone of overall business productivity, the ability to treat patients, conduct valuable research and educate the next generation clinical care providers.
- Continue to support, operate and manage information technology applications, databases and communication networks in a reliable and efficient manner. Achieve a minimum of 99.99 percent up-time within supported operations.
- Integrate new technologies and replace obsolete equipment/services to meet an ever-changing environment. Limit risks and any negative impacts to existing systems.