1. Utilizing technology in Governance and services delivery improvement to better response to the needs of the people and to provide citizens the opportunity for participation.
2. Establishing a centralized GIS system in the government of KP for improved decision-making in governance, especially development planning and monitoring.
3. Being a multi-sectorial and cross cutting intervention the GIS will help meet the development objectives of all the sectors through better planning and monitoring.
4. Development of Centralized Uniform GIS application for Government of KP.
5. Develop integrated, consolidated and updated GIS System for Government of KP for the purpose of effective and reliable decision making.
6. Establishment of GIS Control Room at Civil Secretariat
7. To provide GIS Facilities (equipment & staff) for 08 Districts across the province.
8. Enable planning of the GIS as a tool for Government Departments and decision makers.
9. Simplify and make easy the algorithms of GIS for use in public sector to decrease the administrative burden
10. To make available GIS data under one platform for use in different public organizations according to their need basis
11. Enhance the line of communication/interaction across different departments
12. Avoid duplication of work through the availability of timely and accurate on-line information from a centralized database
13. Contribution to Socio Economic Development by generating a GIS HUB of all the GIS data of provincial departments
14. Transferring GIS technology and data to users of Government departments
15. Facilitate the analysis of data for monitoring and strategic planning as well as informed decision making at various levels